Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, October 24, 2008

Paul D's Taxi Sucks!

"Joe,

Recently I was cut off by a "taxi" in Salisbury on Salisbury Parkway. After I read the name on the side of the vehicle I called their listed number. The gentleman I spoke with on the phone said he was the owner and said he was driving the vehicle at the time and he said next time to "move out of the way".

So I called the Salisbury Police Department, there wasn't much they could do after the point. So I did some research. It turns out the owner of the taxi service is Paul Douglas Dunford. The taxi service is called "Paul D's Taxi," it services Salisbury. The owner and sole operator of Paul D's Taxi is operating a with a suspended driver's license.

I've called the Wicomico County Sheriffs Department and the Salisbury Police Department to tell them of my findings, both agencies said there wasn't anything they could do. Now mind you to get a Taxi license you have to go through the Sheriff's Department.

I would like you to advice your readers that if you see a greenish colored van with the letters Paul D's taxi on the side of it to call the Salisbury Police Department, Wicomico County Sheriff's Department, or 911."

Obviously if someone goes through all of this trouble, this guy was out of line. Hopefully the Sheriff's Office does something about it.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that the Salisbury Police department has lots of issues anyway. They mistreat their police officers even going as far as to write one up for not meeting quota on speeding tickets. So that is all they are worried about. Not other things like crime or anything like that.

Anonymous said...

A little excessive dont you think?

Anonymous said...

"Obviously if someone goes through all of this trouble, this guy was out of line. Hopefully the Sheriff's Office does something about it."

What's obvious?

Anonymous said...

It is about time someone wants to do something about something!/// We sit around and let foolish people do such foolish things and get away with it!

From experience I would have to say don't let it bother you,,,, He will get his good one day soon!

Anonymous said...

geeze. I would hate it if someone actually did something wrong to you. Flip the guy off next time and get over it.

Anonymous said...

no drivers license, no business license? no i don't think that is excessive. i'll also add that i have never seen a taxi with a car seat for babies, you mean babies are never in cabs? the law is the law and it is expected that the laws are enforced equally. until a life is lost, nothing will ever be done about it and it will be too late to save a babies life.

Anonymous said...

Those women answering the phones at the sheriffs office must be SPD rejects. They have no idea of phone courtesy nor do they have any idea of what can and should be enforced. The way it is these days with jobs you would think they'd mind their p's & q's. Lots of people out there looking for a job. Maybe the Sheriff should listen to some of the recordings or just eavesdrop on them unexpectedly.

Anonymous said...

how did you know that they didnt have a drivers license or a business license when they cut you off? You lucked out that this person had other offences.

Next time someone crosses their eyes at you, why dont you call the cops then too.

get a life

SunnyInOC said...

9:41 - MD law does NOT require seatbelts in a service vehicle/taxi.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I never knew this website existed until this morning. I have received 3 phone calls telling me to take a look.

I can say for a fact that the police have done their job. Mr. Dunford contacted me this morning to blame me for being arrested last night for driving on a suspended license. Why did he call me.....because I am the mother of the children that he owes over $7,000 to for back child support. He has paid $15.00 in 14 months, that is why his license is suspended in the first place.

With the economy the way it is, I thank the police department for giving me and my children a little justice.

Anonymous said...

what a loser; this is what most people who read this blog sound like. wah wah wah.

Anonymous said...

I don't blame the person for calling and reporting them. I am so sick of how everyone around here has been driving. It didn't use to be this way. I called the transportation dept @ the board of ed earlier today because I saw a school bus run a red light @ booth st and 50. I don't believe any kids were on the bus, but the driver should be much more attentive. It was bus 39. owned by robert and vicki smith.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like the writer wouldn't "move out of the way" of traffic, as Paul put it. So then, the writer who is obviously easily flustered, calls Paul and feel's insulted, so he calls the cops!

Guys, is this a witch hunt? Is it the red scare? Do we just call the cops on anyone who insults us? Can't you just tell by the writer's tone that they would love to be able to?

Anyway, Paul's Taxi gives free rides to Salisbury University students.
So, thanks a lot for getting him arrested.