Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

If Local Recycling Companies Will Take Man Hole Covers, What Do You Think This Shopping Cart Is Worth?


Local Recycling Companies are taking anything and everything these days. One would think they would REPORT such items but hey, there's a surplus of shopping carts everywhere and I'd bet they'd melt really quick, right? How's those cameras working for you Chiefy? He passed TWO of them that I know of on his way to this point.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's be fair, there is a little old man on a bike that collects aluminum from my trash every week. I admire him for his efforts to be self sufficient!

Anonymous said...

I respect any person who trys to earn their keep with work, at least hes trying to survive with honest work. Good for you.

Anonymous said...

A wan walks out of Lowes each day with a wheel barrel full of dirt. Each day, as he walks by the door, a manager stops him and digs through the dirt looking for hidden merchandise he might be stealing, but each time he finds nothing. This goes on for months, until one day he finally asks the man…. “Hey buddy, I know you’re stealing but I have beat my brains out trying to figure out how. I’ll give you amnesty and $1000 if you will tell me what you’re stealing?” The man thought for a minute, took the $1000 and told the manager…. “I’m stealing Wheel Barrels!”

So to Anon 8:10 who admires the man for being “Self Sufficient”, that’s all well and good if it’s “his” bicycle. I seriously doubt this man “bought” that shopping cart!

Anonymous said...

Off the subject a bit, but whats the update with the city camera outside your building? Has it been taken down?

Anonymous said...

If that guy is working the plaza; based on the little "shot glass" garbage cans they use there (as shown in your photos) that are always overflowing with filth(instead of larger, practical dumpsters), this guy deserves a certificate for doing more than his fair share to actually keep the area clean. At least he is working...