Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, September 22, 2008

Bargain Bills Is Here To Stay

"Joe, I'm not sure where you are obtaining your information or if you even checked your sources before breaking this "news"....but it's not true. Bargain Bills Flea Market is here to stay. We have not been approached by WAWA or Walmart or any other name brand company. We will absolutely NOT be closed at the end of this month and quite frankly it's negative news like this that ruins a business. I hope the patrons of Bargain Bills will be able to see through the rumor mill and continue coming for many years to come.

William P. Brown, Owner & President of Bargain Bills."

While numerous people had stated the facility would be closing, obviously my sources were incorrect. It happens Folks, we're not perfect. My sincere apologies for the error. Joe

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe:

Too much time shootin pool & hangin with Dr. Andy.

Anonymous said...

Didn't you take the day off yesterday -- don't let that happen again!

Anonymous said...

Actually , it's news like this that would help your business.

Anonymous said...

So, how do you think Mr. Brown can explain this site (http://www.svn.com/aspx/pws/Template2/default.aspx?TranID=53753), which indicates that his property is currently up for sale?

Smell something?

SunnyInOC said...

It may be for sale, but that doesn't mean it's been sold. Anything's for sale . . . for the right price.

Anonymous said...

Interesting that Mr. Bargain Bill's says he's not going anywhere, but the property is listed on a real estate website. Saying that "anything's for sale" is different than being actively marketed to potential buyers. It looks like Bargain Bill's is more willing to "sell out" than he says.

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!!

Thank you Bargain Bills!!!

Anonymous said...

I wish I knew how good the food was at The House, my wife and I went there once, waited 15 min for service, and we walked out. The pizza is good.

Anonymous said...

Pretty soon foreigners will own it, we all complain about people who weren't born here buying up property left and right. But it's no one's fault except these owners that just want to make a quick buck, or run there business's into the ground.

Bargin Bills IMHO is poorly run. I will not go into details. But all I can say is I was a contractor on the 2005 renovations, and getting paid by Bill Jr. took an act of Congress. I walked out on phase one after finally being paid (3 months after the occupancy was issued on the building and my work was done). And did not work on phase too, nor will I work there again.

Anonymous said...

I personally think The House is one of the best bars around, it has something for everyone, a sports bar, tiki bar, dance club and band area. The food's pretty good too. I'm glad that it hasn't been sold but if don't really see anything wrong with listing it and seeing what happens. I mean it is his property to do with what he wants.

Wymzie said...

But there has got to be some place to have a Redneck Wedding!

What will the people do without a Bargain Bill's?

Anonymous said...

It will not be missed.