Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, September 22, 2008

Joe Albero, NASCAR & $10,000.00









While thousands of people who hadn't pre purchased tickets for this event waited in line, others were already in their VIP Seats awaiting the Main Event.

Carl Edwards, Denny Hamlin, Kasey Kahne, Bobby Labonte, Clint Bower, Ryan Newman, Casey Mears, Brad Keselowski, Stanton Bennett, Hermy Sadler, Jamie Little ESPN, Shannon Spake ESPN, Brian Gurry American Builder and Chef Fred Bohnn waited anxiously for their opportunity to walk out into the Grand Ball Room in front of a massive crowd of Fans along with 2 randomly chosen fans from the crowd to play the 1st Annual Budweiser Celebrity Billiard Shootout Billiard Tournament.

It was an honor to Host this event and once the Driver's came to realize I was a former Professional Pool Player, they wanted to challenge me from the word go. That had to wait till the event was over but during the pre event I got on the floor and did what many would believe would be impossible.

I racked the 9-Ball rack and broke the first rack of balls, sinking the 9-Ball on the break. I racked again, broke the balls and sank the 9-Ball on the break again. I racked again, broke the balls and yes, I sank the 9-Ball in on the break 3 times in a row. This is unheard of Folks and it was all captured on film. I went on to knock the 9-Ball in on the break 5 out of 6 times and that drove the Driver's into wanting to play me even more.

When their matches were over and we got back onto the tables, Stanton Bennett couldn't wait to play me. We were having a blast all evening and I said, you did watch me knock the 9-Ball in on the break earlier, right? He replied, yeah, that was all luck. Come on Joe, let's get it on. I broke the rack and yes, the 9-Ball again went in on the break. We all had a great laugh and went on for about an hour entertaining the crowd.

Liz Ford, (Professional Female Player) then challenged me to a race to three games and I took her up on it. I let her break the first game, nothing went in. I ran the rack of balls and finished one up. She racked, I ran 7 balls and missed my shot, she finished and we were tied one up. She broke, missed, I ran the rack and I was up 2-1. O laughed while she racked and got somewhat cocky and said, 9-Ball on the snap. Wouldn't you know it, the 9-Ball went in on the break and everyone went nuts. It was my day on the Pool Tables and we all had a blast. More to come............

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phenominal!

Anonymous said...

Man, that looks like a grand time there Joe. Hope you had a blast.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, joe. You're awesome.