Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, July 24, 2008

You Can't Make This Up?

Sure you can, if your name is Bill Duvall. Duvall, who must have made a legal career never arguing before a judge or jury, has become the "King of Straw". Rather than argue an actual point with evidence, he simply loves to build up a straw man and attempt to beat it down.

Today is one more case in point. Duvall has joined "Bigots for Kratovil" and attacked Maryland Sen. Andy Harris because a consultant he hired appears to be gay. I hope that Bill doesn't find out about any black or Hispanics Andy may have hired - it would be a Duvall trifecta.

Duvall appears to use the bigoted rantings of Bud the Blogger as some type of evidence. I can only assume that he hopes any readers who are even moderately literate don't click to read this tripe. I know that is his hope when he criticizes a recent poll taken for Harris.

Bill uses an article from the Examiner to infer that the poll is flawed. Unfortunately for Duvall, and Kratovil, the only criticism of the poll's methodology comes from Frank Kratovil's campaign manager - Tim McCann. If the worst he can do is criticize the sample size, trust the poll numbers. A sample size of 300 is fairly normal for a congressional poll - except for benchmark polls (a larger sample) and tracking (often a sample size of 250 - 300 or less).

Of course, what can you expect? He has a hard time criticizing Harris' core issues. What's left? One vote that Harris supposedly made in the Maryland senate, the fact that Andy goes to church on Sunday and his pollster appears to be gay. Something tells me Harris will win by a landslide.

cross posted at Delmarva Dealings

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duvall is a bigot in my book. Trying to stretch Duvall's criticism of the poll to be a mark against Kratovil is as stupid as Duvall turning from Harris because he doesn't denounce Joe Albero.

If it weren't for Joe Albero supporting Harris, Duvall would be pounding the sanctity of the Rev. Dr. Harris.

So, you're both reaching at straws. While I would expect nonsense like that from Duvall, I thought you had more sense, G.A.

Sadly, it's ploys like this that work in elections.

Anonymous said...

sounds like the old man is ready for another diaper change

Anonymous said...

....'depends'

Anonymous said...

In Duva-land Paul Wilber is golden even if he pimps for Barrie and Bubba, and they are not Hispanics, they're wetbacks. Even Ehrlich had enough and canned Duvall. He's an embarassment.

G. A. Harrison said...

To Anon142 -

You are partially correct. I have already written about the fact that Duvall claims to agree with Harris on almost every issue. The problem is that Albero supports him (and possibly because of me too).

I wasn't really criticizing Kratovil in this post, or the post "Bigots for Kratovil" (note the disclaimer at the bottom of that post). I was criticizing the fact that Duvall is claiming that a poll is bad when the only criticism of the poll is coming from Kratovil's campaign manager. I would do the same if I were in Tim McCann's shoes. I just hope that I would use a more persuasive argument.

I bear no malice to Kratovil, or Duvall. I make no bones about the fact that I am a fierce partisan when it comes to true conservative candidates (less so with GOP candidates). Andy Harris is such a candidate.

While I won't be a blanket apologist, I will always give Harris the benefit of the doubt where I wouldn't do so with Kratovil or some other candidate whom I don't trust, much less agree with their political philosophy.