Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Last Post

Everyone,

I would like to say it has been a privilege to write on Salisbury News for the past half year. I have accepted a job which will take me out of Salisbury for who knows how long and also will limit me on the topics that I could write about. It's time to get ready for this new chapter of my life, spend time with friends and family, and put my life together a bit before I leave.

All I can hope that I have done some service to the community, that I have lived in for the past six years, which resulted in some type of change, reform, or awareness for us all. I also hope you all enjoyed some of my satire, pictures, and general comments.

I would like to thank Joe for this opportunity and wish the best for him and the rest of the SBY News contributors. It has been worth while and keep a good thing going!

Thank you to all who have sent me emails, posted responses, and talked to me since I've been aboard. It is much appreciated and I hope it has helped.

Special thank you out to everyone at The Shorebirds; Chris, Captain Jim, and everyone in the Press Box for allowing me to come out and cover the games. It's awesome to be in a press box and this sports junkie had a blast. Again thank you and you guys run a great ship there for everyone in Delmarva!

I would happily come back to contribute in the future, but at this juncture, prudence and practicality states that I should concentrate on doing the best that I can on my job with my full attention.

Best Wishes To All

Nick

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will miss you Nick. Thanks for contributing to Joe's Blog. Best of Luck to you.

Anonymous said...

Good luck Nick! Thanks for everything:)
Mark

Ddubb said...

Good luck

Anonymous said...

Wishing you well Nick. Take Care.

Anonymous said...

For the sake of children everywhere you didn't get a teaching job.

Anonymous said...

Nick,

Best wishes. You've been respectful, polite and patient every time I've met you while seeming seriously interested in others' views.

You're a good photographer too.

I wish you well!

Anonymous said...

Good luck Nick.

Anonymous said...

Well damn now who am I gonna watch run down the road in his shorty shorts? And now I can't even come share tales about your parties that get busted up at 2 in the morning. Wish you the best of luck!!

Anonymous said...

You'll be back.

Nick Loffer said...

Thank you for the comments!

A: Not going back to teaching, I don't know how teachers do it with less than perfect students...hats off to them!

And to anon 11:30 and everyone I have never received any type of citation in my tenure from Frosh year to now and so these stories...mmm?

And don't make fun of my running shorts...

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Nick. Enjoy life, wherever it takes you, there are no do overs.