Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

UPBRINGING

Subject:Methodist Upbringing

As I walked down the busy footpath, knowing I was late for an important meeting, my eye fell upon one of those unfortunate, homeless vagabonds that are found in every city these days.

Wearing what can only be described as rags, carrying every worldly possession in two plastic bags, my heart was touched by this persons condition.

Some people turned to stare. Others quickly looked away as if the sight would somehow contaminate them.

Recalling some long ago pastor who made an admonition to 'care for the sick, feed the hungry and clothe the naked,' I was moved by some powerful inner urge to reach out to this unfortunate person.

Yes, where some people saw only rags, I saw a hidden beauty. A small voice inside my head called out, 'Reach out, reach out!'

So I did.......

I Won't be in Church this week.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's indecent exposure a male naked in his hospital bed with a leg cocked up.

Anonymous said...

my little voice was saying somethin totaly differant.

Anonymous said...

you sure that little voice was in your head???, makes ya wanta go mmmm.

Anonymous said...

Joe: Who took the picture of the half naked lady? I'm sure her parents would love to see this photo and crack down on her. Or would that be her husband? No, because she is obviously trying hard to get one.

A. Goetz

Anonymous said...

Use #999 for duck tape. Cover up that nasty looking crack. Not everyone wants to see that crap!!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

lOOKS GOOD TO ME !!! JUST GLAD IT'S NOT MY WIFE OR DAUGHTER.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a chef, but I'd gladly make her dessert!

hip.boots

Anonymous said...

You can't by crack that good on Church Street!

Anonymous said...

If I had a young lady with a backside that looked that good I would never leave home.

hip.boots, that is not desert, that is an entire buffet.

Nancy, Nancy, Nancy..... LMAO