Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Salisbury's Nic Name Is Pillsbury

Hello!

I read your news column on a regular basis and have personally dealt with an issue that I think ALL parents especically of teenagers need to be made aware of.... Salisbury's nic name is Pillsbury... reason being, our teens are getting hooked on the OXY pain pills.... swallowing them doesn't last because they want to get higher faster.. so they have been snorting them... I have personally dealt with this situation and it has caused myself, my family and my childs loved ones and close friends much pain. It's one of the MOST addicting pain medicines prescribed on the market. I spoke with a local pharmicist and was informed that a company name Purdue (hopefully spelling is correct) holds the market on this med and even possibly has lawsuits pending generic's being available... This addiction can happen to any teen... from any family- addiction does not pick and chose. I urge all parents to NOT allow their teens doctors to prescribe this medication for pain... I u rge them to hide their own prescriptions and if at any time they suspect any type of drug or alcohol use- get them help as soon as you possibly can. Vicodin, Xanax, OXY, Ridlin, you name it... they are finding ways to get it- which mostly comes from the parents medicine cabinets, and I was also told by my child who has now been clean for almost 80 days... a student a Bennett with fibromyalgia was selling her OXY pain pills for $5 each... it's happening at Parkside, Bennett, Wi Hi... Worcester Prep... my child was in an inpatient physility several hundred miles away for adolecents and as I started my email - Salisbury for our teens is known as Pillsbury- even hundreds of miles away. So parents, wake up and search rooms, drawers, pockets... whatever. Because once they are hooked... the withdrawal is the most severe and painful of it's kind. Also, once they can't get their high any more from one type of drug- they move on- herion, cocaine, crystal meth... . and let's not forget that most of them started with alcohol and pot... so it's a vicious, scary, helpless problem to go through as a parent and not be able to help your child- no matter what age when they become an addict... DOCTOR'S IN SALISBURY PRESCRIBING OXY PAIN MED'S ARE HELPING OUR KID'S ADDICTS!!! I want to get the word out to as many parents as I possibly can- people OD every day from drug use and I will do everything in my power to protect my child from ever going down that path again. If you think this is worth sharing with WBOC, WMDT or I might even contact Mike Lewis who is a old and dear friend of mine... This has got to stop!!! Thanks Joe... I know I can count on you to help get the word out!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not long ago I reported to someone a woman selling Oxycontin to younger co-workers at a local restaurant. I don't know if anything was ever done with that info or not. She was selling her pills for $20 a piece. She couldn't care less the boy was becoming addicted. She couldn't care less that once she couldn't supply him he'd be on the street looking for the next best thing to morphine and that is HEROIN. She couldn't care less about anything other than making money. If it were my child she was selling to, she would be needing her oxycontin and then some.

Anonymous said...

I would ask that if you know who is selling the drugs in the schools that you contact the school administration to report.

Anonymous said...

i have many people that ive known a long time that were/are hooked on the oxy drug,(synthetic herion), most started by doctors prescriptions, once the doctors stopped feeding their addictions the only recourse for all of them was to go out and get some herion. several of these people have lost their homes and children because of it. one of my friends of twenty years i will not allow over anymore because of the oxys. but yet we spend millions of tax payers dollars to keep people who sell and smoke pot in jails. this society is a joke, thats why i avoid it at all cost, hypocricy, greed,dishonor, lies, this country is doomed, nothing is gonna save her.

Anonymous said...

Pillsbury huh? Haven't heard that one yet. Most I know refer to Salisbury as Crack City. And, $20 is the usual going rate for the Oxy's. There are alot of pill poppers out there.

Anonymous said...

my grandson said oxycodiene is the cheap stuff $5 the $20 stuff is oxycontin. My grandson just finished 9th grade at Bennett. This is what he learned this year?