Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, June 26, 2008

SALISBURY NEWS VURSES THE DAILY TIMES

I'll try and be brief as I know your news agency is deluged with hordes of emails to you.

This morning I woke-up and turned on my computer as I do every day. The first site I go to is your news agency, www.SBYnews.com. After I finished reading your news I went out to my mailbox and retrieved The Daily Times. Upon scanning the front page section, something struck me like never before. My general observation is The Daily Times is trying to restrain the news as opposed to SBYnews exposing news. There is a stark contrast when comparing the two news medias.

I've watched it year-in-year out with The Daily Times dwelling on old news - (i.e. Wicomico Youth & Civic Center, Board of Education Budgets, Poultry Industry) - as noted on the front page of today's edition. Your news agency is more interactive with daily occurrences whereby I can better identify with.

Moreover, from my vantage point it is obvious that their reporters are being 'spoon fed' information as opposed to their being subjective.

Joe, this morning I'm cancelling my subscription to The Daily Times because I just can't buy into it anymore.

Thank you very much Salisbury News for removing the shadow from our citizenry.

Thanks again

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's much better

Anonymous said...

in this economy we are suffering, only makes sense if you have to cut something in your budget the paper would be first to go

i get enough of those free newspapers they throw in my yard that i don't read to use when i eat crabs

Anonymous said...

Why doesn't the Daily Times do a little research and discover some truth for a change. One article this week reported that there is such an abundance of crabs this year that the crabbers cannot even sell there catch. Today's headline is lawmakers seek disaster status for crabs. Obvioulsy both stories cannot be true. Why not do a little investigative work and find out the true story before printing anything. In response to anonymous 11:37 I own 4 properties and get 4 free Daily times almost daily. I guess if they can't sell them they will just start giving them away like they do the Somerset herald.. You can pick those up free anywhere in Somerset County.