Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, March 13, 2008

When I'm 100....



Please don't take offense to this, but this is living young...God Bless these Vets. Earlier today it was reported from Foxnews.com that the last known French WWI vet passed away. These great generations are an example to follow through their dedication and sacrifices! It's a great article and this vet was in the thick of things in the Pacific Theatre.

Thanks to the DesMoisnes Register for the story...I just had to post this!

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080313/NEWS03/803130412/1001/

photo credit from The Desmoines Register

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool old guy....great generation. Worked their butts off, no whining about circumstance, just did what they had to do.

And he's right about Dubya, LOL!

However, please correct the WWI to WWII.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I understood it was WWI. I believe he was 107 years old. Correct me if I am wrong.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I was wrong. This is the person I thought your were speaking of.

One of Last 2 WWI Vets in US Dies
Feb 6 - By Mitch Stacy, AP Writer
Harry Richard Landis, who enlisted in the Army in 1918 and was one of only two known surviving U.S. veterans of World War I, has died. He was 108.

obituaries, wwi, veteran, us-news