Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Another Robert Littleton Response

I know mike personally and he is a good person besides his poor judgement, especially in this situation. It is a tragic event and I send my regards to the Kiviat family.

I was also in that court room, and what has been failed to be mentioned was that mike was an excellent student who graduated high school with nearly all A's. He also received a full ride to SU.

He has a loving family, and an absolutely wonderful girlfriend who has stuck by his side through out all of this. He got involved with the wrong people, and when he gets released from jail, I know for a fact that he has a support system that will help him avoid any other wrongdoing especially to this extent.

Yes, mike made wrong decisions but nothing can change what has happened. From what I understand, Mr. Kiviat was quite an extraordinary man, and it is a shame that his life ended so tragically. Even his wife testified that he was an extremely forgiving man and he would want Mike to serve justice, he would also want him to be forgiven.

The 18 month sentence with the 5 year probation following allows Mike an appropriate amount of time to learn from his mistakes, and also have a second chance at the outstanding life he could lead. I thank all of those who support him, and for those of you who don't, I hope that you will find it in your heart to forgive, since, I am positive that we have all made mistakes that need forgiven.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this kid, and he is a callous drug addict who thinks he's invincible. I never met the victim or any of his family members, but I can tell you that a sentence of 18 months is an insult to his memory. Multiply the prison term by at least 10, and Mike can begin to serve justice.

Unknown said...

Very well said and I can't even imagine from either side what this was like. I hope all involved will turn to the "One" that can forgive and restore everyone.

Anonymous said...

18 MONTHS HELL= 9 MONTHS MAX AND HES OUT.

Anonymous said...

He should rot in jail. 18 months is a travesty and the judge should sit along side him too. This IS NOT JUSTICE. He made a mistake that cost a man's life out of his selfish desire's to escape life. That's it, blame it on the "wrong crowd". When does it enter your thoughtless mind that HE is the "WRONG CROWD".

Anonymous said...

Wrong Crowd? Wrong Crowd my ass!!! Thats the problem with the world today. Everybody is always blaming someone else for there problems! Take the responsiblitiy!

Unknown said...

I am going to tread lightly here because I and my wife are good friends with Mikes mother. While I will agree his sentence was not as severe as it should have been, I dont beleive he is as anon put it "a callous drug addict".
The victems family even stood up for Mike after learning the real person he is.
So anom at 5:15... who are you? I dont think you know Mike at all. Put your name to your post or be labled a lyer. That is what I am calling you... prove me wrong.

He did take resposibility for his actions... never denied he hit the guy, didnt run from the scene. And what he saw will affect him for the rest of his life.

The whole ordeal is tragic, but I am glad that the mother finally knows the fate of her son. And I really hope he makes the best out of his second chance... because most people in his case do not get that second chance.

And may Mr Kiviat Rest in Peace.

Anonymous said...

IF HE WAS BLACK HE WOULD OF BEEN GIVEN LIFE. IS THERE ANY RACIAL FAVORTISM THERE ? WAY TO GO JUDGE!!!!!!!!