Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Oh, It's Safe To Fly!


Although many people may not realize this but years ago I spent most of my time flying across the country and traveling on business. The stories I could tell would scare the hell out of anybody.

Nevertheless, I was south east of Salisbury yesterday and took this shot showing the multitude of airplanes flying overhead. You can't see all of them in this one photo but there were 20 jets flying above while I stood there. Now this isn't Los Angeles California for crying out loud!

I'll never forget living in Ocean City after 9-11 and looking up into the skies and seeing NOTHING for the longest time. Seeing so many planes flying above on the eastern shore at what seems to be around the same altitude, what's the dealio?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God Bless Fly-Over Country!

Anonymous said...

Joe, the eastern shore is the flight pattern for NAS Oceana as well as AFB Dover. Let them boys and girls do their flight training and ops. I don't mind one damned bit seeing their contrails or hearing the roar of thunder.

God Bless our flying military.

Unknown said...

From my back deck it Pittsville I can usually see 7-10 planes at a time in the sky above. I guess the planes fly the coastline.

Anonymous said...

are you that much of a moron to not realize the eastern shore under a major north - south flight path?

Jerry