Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Does The Dept. Of Corrections Have GPS Too?



Speaking of lead foots, yesterday I was driving down the Bypass and let me tell you, this guy was flying! I didn't even notice him coming up on me and that's rare as I always seem to keep a good eye in front and in back of me while driving. Nevertheless, the second photo it with the telephoto lens zoomed all the way in. The Sheriff's Deputies drive this roadway every day and they know it like the back of their hand, so they have a pretty good clue looking at these photos just how fast this guy was flying. My guess, (and I'm pretty damn good at this, just ask the ambulance company) I'd say he was cruising at least 80 MPH.

There are NO LIGHTS whatsoever on this vehicle and they are NOT the law. They would simply fly up on your ass and either force you to move over by intimidation or they'd fly into the right lane and go around vehicles, like they did in the photos above. They flew up on me so fast, (like I said earlier) I didn't even see them till it was too late.

So when you see a vehicle on the road and it has SBYNEWS.COM stickers all over it, expect to get a picture taken by my passenger and plastered all over the Blog.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

It appears that you are speading as well..

joe albero said...

Yes, I was. I was doing 67 in a 65. I was on the Bypass, Dee, Dee, Deeee. The speed limit is 65 mph.

Secondly, Mr. Wanna Be Ossifer, speeding is spelled the way I spelled it. It has no "A" in it.

Now when you say "SPREAD EM" do you actually say, "SPEED UM" instead?

Are the photos clear on this Post Folks? They came out blurry on my end and they're perfectly clear as originals. Just wondering?

Anonymous said...

what is more dangerous, speeding or trying to take a picture while driving at 65 mph?

joe albero said...

Awe, are you upset you were SNAGGED? Does this reflect POORLY on your department? Look, YOU work for US! YOU are a crazy SOB on the road and YOU deserve to lose your license/job. Do tell us what emergency run you were on?

Anonymous said...

you may have spelled speeding right but look at the title...corections lmfao..it has 2 r's..come on joe

joe albero said...

Yeah, and? LOL

Anonymous said...

Hell if i was driving some of them criminals around my ass would be speeding too..lol.

WatchfulEye said...

Man, I could tell you all stories that could curl your hair. I used to work near Easton, and commuted from Salisbury, and I carpooled. Every time we would see an unmarked car or a DOC van speeding, we would follow it, keeping pace. We called it "hitching a ride." We would speed, but draw the line at 80.

Anonymous said...

wow joe has nothing better to do than take pictures of speeding govt. vehicles. everybody speeds get over if you took pictures of everyone who did you couldny fit them on your gay blog, but you take pictures of govt vehicles to try and get hits on your site. it is a clearly marked vehicle and who knows if they are not on official govt business? grow up joey boy

Anonymous said...

Heck, I drive 80-90 on the bypass in my POV. Not much action there from the cops since the speed limit was raised. My radar/laser detector/jammer takes care of that anyway.

Anonymous said...

If you actually took the time to read this blog carefully LOSERS, you would see he did Not take the picture....His passenger did....SHEESH.....

Anonymous said...

i hear on the scanner about 630pm there was an attempted suicide again at the detention center. sounds like the person tried to hang his self?

Anonymous said...

That's a STATE van not county van

Anonymous said...

speed kills!

Anonymous said...

CountryGirl said...
"If you actually took the time to read this blog carefully LOSERS, you would see he did Not take the picture....His passenger did....SHEESH....."

Was the passenger sitting in his lap? The 2nd picture is clearly squared up over the steering wheel.

Joe-If you are going to point fingers, please point at yourself this time. How responsible is it to drive 67mph while trying to zoom in and focus a camera?


--Tracy

INMATE PUNISHER said...

IF YOU WERENT SUCH A SCARED LITTLE BLOGGER, YOU WOULD BE A POLICE OFFICER OR A CORRECTIONS OFFICER. YOU CAN TELL YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN SPIT ON OR HAD SOMEONE DEFICATIONS THROWN ON YOU. D.O.C. TRANSPORTS THE WORST PEOPLE YOU CAN IMAGINE WHILE PROTECTING YOU PRICKS THAT COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING. GROW UP AND GET A REAL JOB SERVING THE COMMUNITY IN WHICH YOU LIVE, OR HOW ABOUT THIS WONDERFUL TAX THE SHIT OUT OF YOU STATE.