Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, November 02, 2007

The Watch Desk Is Dead Silent

The Watch Desk is a Fire Fighters Website/Blog Site in which Fire Fighters can go there and vent about different issues in Wicomico County.

The City of Salisbury has been slammed with allegations of racism problems within and Hebron has been extremely quiet lately due to one of their own getting in a head on collision with a woman in which she died from the accident.

Through their own admission, some Fire Fighters have flat out admitted they do in fact use the "N" Word regularly and still to this day believe they are proper in doing so. Hebron Fire Fighters tried defending one of their own after his accident stating, wait until the investigation is over. Hell, it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to see what went wrong there!

I'll add, the Fire Chief yelling at me NOT to take ANY pictures of the scene, (even though I was well outside of the roped off area) clearly told me this guy not only was out of his freakin mind, something VERY wrong had just happened. I remember telling him, "you can't cover this up!"

So to me, seeing The Watch Desk slow down and go silent is a given. Fire Fighters from all across America go there and see what's going on in other areas and they want these incidences silenced as best as they possibly can. Perhaps I should start my own thread over there? After all, I am registered.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not a blog site, it's a message board.

Anonymous said...

I thought the guy that yelled at you not to take pictures was a guy that claimed he was the fire chief, but then it turned out he wasn't.

That might be an important point to clarify lest the wrong man get blamed.

Anonymous said...

Slow news day Joe? Looking for some weekend inflammatories?

joe albero said...

Actually, we had yet another record day yesterday. As a matter of fact, we beat the old record by a good 10% just the day before.

Nope, just want everyone to know what's up with local news and updates because they may not have seen it from the past.

We're having another banner day as well so far today.

joe albero said...

Hopefully by now you Fire Fighters have come to realize I am NOT going to allow this site to become your racial sounding board or attack site against me.

If you want to send in comments that are of healthy debate, fine. Till then, take it to The Watch Desk.

Anonymous said...

Healthy Debate. Good One Joe!

karen said...

I've tried that...doesn't work.

Anonymous said...

thank goodness!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Joe, we will have a healthy debate as long as you do not slander the fire depts. Or call anyone names as I hope that they will do likewise.
WAGONMASTER

Anonymous said...

By the way Joe, you are the one who made it racial.
WAGONMASTER

Anonymous said...

Wagonmaster. Go away. Try mastering your domain.

Anonymous said...

Someone is getting bored..HA!!

Anonymous said...

wagonmaster???

Now why does racism and slavery come to mind with that name?

Anonymous said...

Joe, The Watch Desk has it’s up’s and down’s like your site. In fact I’ve seen several days go by without a post at all. It all depends what’s going on at the time weather people post or not. Trust me it has nothing to due with the fire chief or you bro. You really don’t have the impact on the fire department you might think you have. By now so many ignore you because you really don’t matter.

Anonymous said...

I cant remember all my passwords on the watch desk. when i figure them out I will again have conversations with myself on that site as I do on yours

Anonymous said...

Hey ann. post a name like i do and man up