Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, November 02, 2007

Sheriff Lewis Meets With NAACP




There's been some talk out there about how Sheriff Mike Lewis isn't reaching out to the Public enough. This just isn't true Ladies & Gentlemen. I happen to know first hand what this guys schedule is like and let me assure you, this guy is busy!

All that being said, LOOK at these pictures carefully. First of all, would it surprise any of you if I told you that 50% of the people visiting this NAACP Meeting were white?

I was personally amazed at all the Churches I passed on my way to this meeting in what seemed to be a tight knit community on the West side. When I got there I was pleased to see an almost packed parking lot to a fairly large Church. To my disappointment, they were there for another meeting.

Nevertheless, Sheriff Lewis expressed what the Sheriffs Departments roll is in the community and took questions from anyone interested in asking. This IS the kind of leadership Salisbury so desperately needs Ladies & Gentlemen.

Not only does no one care to ask Chiefy Webster to be a part of any meeting, he shown NO excitement, he refuses to wear a Uniform and REPRESENT PROUDLY the Community he serves and instead you're left feeling as if you truly bothered this man for his time.

In the mean time, it's about time someone made Webster look like a complete buffoon. I'm NOT at all implying Sheriff Lewis intended to ever do such a thing. The mere fact that Sheriff Lewis is willing to meet with the people he's protecting and serving, wear his uniform proudly and greet everyone with such excitement and enthusiasm tells you he appreciates each and every one of you. That is, until you break the law.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard See and Gordo have a meeting scheduled with them on the third Tuesday of next week. Any truth to that?

joe albero said...

IF there's any truth to that, I'd like to be there. I'd like the NAACP to hear from my lips what I have been told so they aren't fed a complete boat load of crap.

I wonder if See & Gordy would welcome that? They have nothing to hide, right? WRONG!

Nevertheless, this would be a great start towards facing their obvious problem with the black community.

Anonymous said...

THIRD Tuesday of next week???? Now that is some funny stuff. Much like the day, this meeting will NEVER happen!

WatchfulEye said...

Could it be the third Tuesday of the month, or the week after next?

Anonymous said...

You're not GETTING it Watchful. That particular day, like any meeting Gordo and See would be having with the NAACP isn't happening.

Here's your sign.

WatchfulEye said...

:) Sorry, just being/having a blonde moment... LOL

Anonymous said...

If I was racist and I wanted to cover up, I would meet with them too!

Anonymous said...

No problem Watchful. I love blondes! They have more fun!

: )

WatchfulEye said...

He still appriciates you after you break the law, especially if you get a speeding ticket....You pump money into the county coffers! LOL



Joe Said....
The mere fact that Sheriff Lewis is willing to meet with the people he's protecting and serving, wear his uniform proudly and greet everyone with such excitement and enthusiasm tells you he appreciates each and every one of you. That is, until you break the law.

Anonymous said...

Lot's of whiteys at the top of the Sheriff's Dept. We'd like to know what his plan is for promoting the black man. We've already seen by the number of drug arrests his plan to keep them down.

Anonymous said...

Of course Lewis would have to meet with the NAACP after what he said as a Trooper.

Anonymous said...

So if we break the lay he takes his clothes off and isn't very friendly?

Anonymous said...

Watchful eye...the revenue from a speeding ticket goes to the state, not the county....fyi

WatchfulEye said...

I know...:) Just having a bit of fun on a Friday...