Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, September 29, 2018

Prosecutor Rachel Mitchell ‘Would Not Charge Kavanaugh or Even Pursue a Search Warrant’

Arizona sex crimes prosecutor Rachel Mitchell told Republican senators in a conference meeting Thursday evening that she would not charge Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh after hearing testimonies of the Judge or his accuser Christine Blasey Ford.

Mitchell, who took a leave of absence from Maricopa County’s Deputy County Attorney and division chief the County Attorney’s Office’s Special Victims Division to join the Senate Judiciary Committee’s team of attorneys for the hearing, “broke down her analysis” of both testimonies to GOP lawmakers. In a nearly 30-minute presentation, Mitchell went over the “facts that were established and not established” and concluded that not only would she not charge Kavanaugh based on the record of evidence from both parties, but would not even pursue a search warrant for the judge, which in virtually all cases would require the standard of probable cause to be met, Politico reported.

Brooke Singman of Fox News quoted one source as saying “Mitchell was very clear with senators that based on evidence presented, she couldn’t bring the case ‘anywhere near a court room.'”

More here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"There, but for the grace of God, go I". I have been "There". In 1983, after leaving a party, a (very inebriated) girl was raped while walking back to her dorm room at SSC. I was at that party. For whatever reason, someone called the Sheriff's Department and accused me. I was taken in and questioned. Several days later, the detective came by my house with a "composite sketch" and it certainly wasn't me. He also told me that his investigation into my "character" found no inclination of the possibility of my involvement. It was definitely a scary situation and thank God the truth prevailed. Even 35 years later, I remember every detail of that harrowing event in my life, which was the point in the first place!

Anonymous said...

Seems to me you suffered all most like the woman raped. I mean it left a horrible memory. Can't believe if what Ford said is true (touched by a drunk individual) that she would be scarred for life. Like to know her activities as a 15 year old at a beer party. Where we're the parents?