Attention

All comments are subject to approval by Moderators. Any off-topic comments will be rejected. Thanks for your cooperation!

Thursday, August 03, 2017

Tourists are blacking out in Mexico due to tainted alcohol

When you're on vacation, the last thing you expect to happen is to wake up in a foreign hospital, unsure of how you got there. This has unfortunately been the case more than once at resorts in Mexico lately, where visitors claim their drinks have been made with "tainted" or "substandard" alcohol.

After a series of frightening and sometimes deadly incidents at resorts in Mexico, the U.S. State Department issued a warning last Wednesday that "consumption of tainted or substandard alcohol has resulted in illness or blacking out."

The incidents have occurred to both teenagers and adults near Cancun and Playa del Carmen. One Wisconsin family lost their daughter, 20-year-old Abbey Connor, in January, USA Today reported. Just hours after arriving on vacation, Abbey and her brother Austin were found face-down in the pool. Their son had a concussion but thankfully survived.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's true. I was last in Cabo St Lucas many years ago and the tubs of water containing Carona were so dirty that you could not see what was under water. Grab a bottle and fine. Just make sure you wipe it clean. Don't use their ice cubes because they are little more that frozen bacteria.

Anonymous said...

I blacked out in Mexico too but I'm not going to blame it on bad liquor.

Anonymous said...

Here in America we just black out from excessive drinking and alcoholism...