Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Rosenstein on Comey memo: 'I wrote it. I believe it. I stand by it.'

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein firmly stood by the memo he wrote that outlined James Comey’s offenses – and later was cited by the White House to support President Trump’s decision to fire the FBI director – during briefings with Capitol Hill lawmakers, according to remarks obtained by Fox News.

“I wrote it. I believe it. I stand by it,” he said, according to the opening statement provided by senior Justice Department officials. He maintained that Comey’s handling of the Hillary Clinton email probe was “wrong and unfair.”

The statement was first delivered to Senate lawmakers on Thursday and to House lawmakers during a similar briefing on Friday.

Democratic lawmakers have claimed since Comey's firing that Rosenstein's memo was used as a mere pretext to can the director.

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unfair has no standing in the eyes of the law.