Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, August 05, 2016

Republican Looking To Bring ‘Blue Collar Work Ethic’ To Senate

BALTIMORE — Republican Kathy Szeliga believes the candidate best suited for the US Senate seat left open by the retirement of the longest tenured female politician in US history is another strong Maryland woman.

After Szeliga won the Republican primary in April for the US Senate seat that’s been held by Democrat Barbara Mikulski since 1987, she’s been travelling the Old Line State and trying to reenergize the proverbial “Red Wave” of Republican support in a historical “blue state” that helped to elect Gov. Larry Hogan and flip a handful of delegate and state senate seats from blue to red in 2014.

Mikulski announced she would be retiring in 2015, and the announcement sparked off a slew of speculation and political maneuvering that saw Democrat Chris Van Hollen and Szeliga emerge from a huge pool of political wannabes and became the two chosen contenders from the traditional parties. Green Party candidate Margaret Flowers is also vying for Mikulski’s seat.

Despite the difference in political affiliation, Szeliga, who is a small business owner with strong ties to the Eastern Shore, says she would be honored to carry on Mikulski’s legacy.

More

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

she has as much chance of winning Maryland as Chump does of being the next NAACP president...hahhhahahaha

Concerned Retiree said...

She has my vote. Chris Van Hollen is a blooming idiot. I tried to reach his office on several occasions concerning Bills and his views but I was refused because I did not live in his District. He is a typical Liberal who does not listen to his constitutes and don't care about them or their opinion.

Anonymous said...

She doesn't support Trump and if she wants to carry on Mikulski's legacy she is not the person that I want in the Senate.

Anonymous said...

It's time for the green party I guess. I can't vote for someone that acknowledges that Mikulski is anything but a flaming liberal.

Anonymous said...

She doesn't support Trump and I don't support her. I just won't vote for her when I go to vote for Hogan. She doesn't have a chance anyway, dumba$$. Hogan won't get my vote either next term.

Anonymous said...

Both candidates are saying they want to carry on the Weasel's legacy. I'll shop 3rd party?

Anonymous said...

She refuses to support her Party nomination for President so I refuse to support her. Kathy I will not vote for you and I will not attend any of your fundraisers and guess what? I am a prominent Republican.

Anonymous said...

NO,NO,NO, look at what the last woman did in that seat.