Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, November 05, 2015

Tiger Woods' ex-caddie: No 'sympathy'

Steve Williams, Tiger Woods' former caddie, has once again spoken candidly about his relationship with the golfer, this time in his autobiography, Out of the Rough.

In particular, he wrote about some of Woods' behavior on the course.

"One thing that really pissed me off was how he would flippantly toss a club in the general direction of the bag, expecting me to go over and pick it up," Williams wrote, per Ewan Murray of the Guardian. "I felt uneasy about bending down to pick up his discarded club. It was like I was his slave. The other thing that disgusted me was his habit of spitting at the hole if he missed a putt."

Williams, who caddied for Woods for 13 years during the golfer's prime years, also wrote about his disappointment in the superstar for his infamous sex scandal. Williams was also angry Woods didn't immediately make it clear that the caddie had nothing to do with covering up his various affairs, leading to Williams "being dragged through the wringer over a scandal I had nothing to do with."

"I didn't have any sympathy for him over what he'd done," he wrote. "I believe you're in charge of your own actions, and I have no sympathy for people who get addicted to drugs or gambling or sex. People make choices in their lives, and he had chosen to do this.

"But I did have sympathy for the way he'd had to suffer in front of the world when others would have been able to sort out their mess in private."

More

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some things are so embedded in a culture it will never change , look at the Obama family , the same.

Anonymous said...

You made millions for job, get over it!

Anonymous said...

Exactly 7:53-Average people like myself won't make that kind of money in a lifetime.

Anonymous said...

May have made $$ but worked for a terrible boss. Every time I heard or saw Woods mentioned I would turn off the TV or radio. He is certainly no role model or hero.

Anonymous said...

I agree 100%. And, I would add that Wood is a disgraceful whoremonger to the game of Golf. I place him in the same, I hate this person category, such as Don Lemon and Raven Simone. Classless people.

Anonymous said...

Steve Williams was perfectly happy being Woods’s caddie, cashing huge checks and being famous, until Woods decided to fire him. Then it was suddenly unfair. His current on-line net worth is estimated at $20 million dollars.

Anonymous said...

Sorry no sympathy for Stevie. Tiger is a bad guy so he hired Stevie who is a worse guy. Tiger threw his clubs for him to pick up? Yea, that is what a CADDIE does. Please do not tell me that he did no know anything about Tigers lifestyle. He may have not know it all but he knew plenty.

Anonymous said...

Boo, boo.

Anonymous said...

Tiger woods is a sick sick person.