Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Columnn Says fat people should be charged more to fly

If airlines want to charge by the pound for passengers and their luggage on a private business basis, I have no problem with that. That has to do with space and fuel usage. However, I have a problem with the term ‘fat tax.’ Many of the big airlines out there are now no longer exactly ‘privately’ owned. All are heavily regulated by the Feds and the industry almost looks nationalized these days. Careful where you go with a fat tax. The minute the Progressives bureaucrats succeed in getting it implemented, it will spread everywhere. You could be taxed when you go out to eat, or when you take a train, cab or boat. You could be taxed at hotels and when you shop at retail outlets… all because you are deemed ‘fat.’ This has been the goal all along for Marxists. It’s another way to control the masses and force them to lose weight one way or the other.

The check-in girl scowls as I try my best to be tactful. You see, these days, when I fly, I’m very particular about where I sit. But it’s not extra legroom or a window I’m after.

I just hate being plonked next to someone who – how shall I put it? – is a little too large for their seat. My request is always met with utter disapproval. Once, I was told not to moan and be grateful I am such a ‘beanpole’.

But as a slim person of 8 st, I am sick of finding myself sitting next to someone more than four times my size on flights. It happens so often, I reckon I’m sized up at check-in as a suitable companion for the clinically obese.

More

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's a simple formula X number of pounds of fuel will move x number of pounds of weight only so far. you want to ship it farther then it costs more. you want to ship more then it costs more. Not my fault you are fat! just stay on your side of the armrest please! most americans are overweight and it's not always a medical condition! take responsibility for your life!

Anonymous said...

Whether or not it is someone's fault that he is fat, he should pay for his square footage. At 150 lbs, the space is already small. Add an obese person beside me and chlostrophobia sets in. I love the idea of weighing with the luggage. Children will cost less too!

Anonymous said...

They should also pay more in health care costs. Its time we incentive being healthy.

Gary said...

Having dealt with sharing my seat with my neighbor without choice....damn right they should be required to buy an additional seat!

Anonymous said...

if you are over a certain weight you should be required to sit in first class and pay first class prices. Don't like it? Figure out another way to get there. No different that over weight luggage.

MMMMM....FOOD said...

"Let me eat my hamburger and drink a coke before I read this one ..."

"Honey, where are my Potato chips at?"