Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Mysterious Trains Explained Along Route 113; Excursion Train Study’s Second Part To Offer Financial Data

BERLIN – When Don Fisher looked at the long abandoned train tracks just a stone’s throw from his house on Carey Road in Berlin a few months ago, he noticed something he found to be a bit strange — about 30 freight tanker train cars.

“I don’t know where they came from or how they got there, but that track has been offline for a few years,” said Fisher. “They just appeared out of nowhere a few days before the 4th of July and I never heard a thing.”

Fisher says the train cars have been there ever since, tucked back just behind the tree line just a few steps from Route 113 south, and he has now gone from wondering how they got there, to worrying what their presence means for the future.

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One night while I was parked next to the railroad track in Delmar a stainless steel passenger train,complete with dining cars loaded with passengers went by at app 40 MPH.I could even see waiters dressed in white top outfits waiting on tables as it passed.I got out of my car and watched the train speed away going south until it was out of sight.That happened app 10 years ago and remains my one and only train mystery.