Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, August 15, 2015

COURT FORCES CHRISTIAN BAKERY TO SERVE GAY WEDDINGS

Christians persecuted through selective enforcement of law

A Colorado court has ruled against a Christian bakery who refused to decorate a gay wedding cake.

In a ruling released Thursday, the Colo. Court of Appeals said the owner of Masterpiece Cakeshop, Jack Phillips, violated the state’s ‘public accommodations’ law by refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple in 2012.

“Phillips believes that decorating cakes is a form of art, that he can honor God through his artistic talents, and that he would displease God by creating cakes for same-sex marriages,” the justices wrote in their ruling against him.

They also claimed that forcing Philips to decorate a gay wedding cake wouldn’t place an undue burden on him.

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God! I had been worried about having the best Deli in town cater my wedding... Now I have nothing to worry about. The fact that I'm a neo-Nazi - and requesting a swastika on my wedding cake from the owner, Mr. Rosenberg, will now be no problem at all.
If it is, I'll sue the hell out of him. It'll probably pay for the wedding reception!
I love this country!

Anonymous said...

It's time to get violent on these want to be gods. The First Amendment still is the law of the land.

Anonymous said...

So have any of the "gay rights activists" tried going into a Muslim bakery and asking for a wedding cake for a gay couple?

Anonymous said...

I'm an organist, but I won't do show tunes at a wedding, anybody's wedding.