Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Wicomico County Flood Plain


On June 16, 2015 The Wicomico County Council adopted an update to Chapter 149 of the Wicomico County Code entitled Floodplain Management. This new ordinance replaces the current code adopted in 1984 and addresses increasing tidal waters, increasing storm events and better mapping technology. The new ordinance will be effective August 16, 2015 and will coincide with the new Flood Maps ( FIRM) issued by Federal Emergency Management Agency ( FEMA) which become effective August 17, 2015

More 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr Joe,
I really hope you will print this it's about people's actions.
I work with the public every day, I am a hard working, honest, caring, love my family woman. But I am overweight. I am on my way to losing my goal of 130pads. I'm not ugly, or shocking looking. I take care or myself, hair clean and neat, makeup on (I get complements on both my hair + makeup) nails neat clean polished. I keep my body clean, smell good, nice clothes. So last nite as I left work, 2 guys were behind me talking about me. Saying how I must eat all that time and laughing. Then I turned to look at who they were, and they both lighting up a cig. Now I feel the same about smoking as they do being fat! I feel smoking is a nasty, gross,stinking ugly habit. They have a cig addiction and I have a food addiction, what's the diff in us? You can see my fat on outside of my body, his is on the inside of his body.except he has nasty cough too. So before you judge someone, you really need to take a good look at your own body.