Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, May 09, 2015

Mother’s Day Can Be a Major Disappointment to Mom

Mom is someone who rarely lets you down, which might explain why so many of them don’t complain about their Mother’s Day gifts.

Yes, moms are human too as a survey from California-based tech company SOASTA revealed when it asked close to 700 mothers if they were ever disappointed on what’s supposed to be their special day.

It might shock people but SOASTA determined that about 40 percent of moms get bummed out for a variety of reasons, which includes finding out that their gift was a last-minute pick-up or that their husbands seem to pay more attention to their own moms or that Mother’s Day often ends once the bill gets paid at brunch.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter told me today that she will be over tomorrow with my gift and I told her just being with you is all the gift I want or need. I think that is how all mothers feels. I do see her at least 4 times a week and that is because she loves and shows me that every day of year. I am one lucky mom. I love you Missy map

Anonymous said...

Call your mom, send her a card, cut her grass, just visit. Don't let your mom be one of the disappointed ones. You don't have to have any money to make your mom feel special on Mother's Day. By the way, it's also appreciated when the husband does something nice for the mother of his children to say thank you.