Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, April 13, 2015

S.C. Man’s Traffic Stop Video: ‘There Are Good Cops Out There’

A video of a young black man recounting his experience with a white police officer during a traffic stop is going viral on social media in the wake of more outrage over the shooting of an unarmed black man in South Carolina.

Army National Guardsman Will Stack, 22, said Wednesday that there were “no problems” being pulled over for “improper use of the median” when he turned left out of the Lexington County Courthouse in South Carolina.

“I was in the wrong, I didn’t realize it,” Mr. Stack said in the video, which has been shared over 1 million times on Facebook. “I just did it out of habit.”

He said that while the officer was there with him, “I made sure my hands were on the steering wheel, I made sure to speak very politely as I always do. I did what he told me to do. I handed him the information and I sat there and waited and turned my music down.”

More here

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. Sanity is appreciated in our society of incivility. Hope you only got a warning.

Anonymous said...

I agree. There are still some very nice Police Officers around. He pulled me over because I had a fog light out. I did just like this man did. Kept my hands at the top of the steering wheel and was polite to him and he was very polite also. He gave me a repair order and we both wished each other a nice day and both of us gave each other a smile. I did not know that fog lights were a main priority. I thought that they were non essential as long as the others lights are working. I guess I learned something from it.

Anonymous said...

Thank God---Something positive
for a change getting out there!!!

Anonymous said...

Fog lights are non essential and it was used as a reason to stop you for further investigation. Hint: If you have an out fog light, then don't turn them on....

Anonymous said...

Duh, he wants to live...

Anonymous said...

Thank you 11:18 I thought that they were non essential. It was raining so I had my wipers as well as lights on. I guess that's why the fog light was noticeable.

Anonymous said...

In Maryland, if your lights (any of them, headlights, tail / brake lights, fog lights, are turned on, they have to all work. If you don't turn on fog lights (optional) then it doesn't matter if they work, or not.

bloggerhater1 said...

wow. common sense prevailed? heaven forbid!