Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Finally, An Inspirational Story

Caitlin Adams is an Eastern Shore native attending school and running track for Towson University. This summer, she's going to Run Across Maryland to help purchase prosthetics for those who need them. Each prosthetic costs approximately $2500. So far her she has been able to raise enough funds to help 5 people.

Adams' run is scheduled to begin May 23, in Cumberland, Maryland. She expects to end June 27 in Ocean City, Maryland. Her route takes her across the Northern part of the state, South down the Eastern Shore, and then East to Ocean City.

“I think it’s going to be the most mentally and physically challenging thing I’ve done in my entire life,” Adams said. “I think there’s going to be definitely times where I’ll want to quit … But I know myself enough that I’m going to be able to say ‘I’m doing this for these people. I’ve already started and I’m going to finish it.’”

This journey is nearly 400 miles, and she would love some help if anybody is inclined to participate in her cause. Some ways to assist Caitlin's Run Across Maryland include:

Make a donation via her Crowdrise Page (it's tax deductible through the Limbs for Life Foundation)
Hold a Fundraiser - Paint Night, Happy Hour, Raffle, Cornhole Tournament, etc.

Run with Caitlin - If you're a good runner, she's planning ~10 miles per day on average. She would love your company. Many people have signed on and received pledges for their day of running with her.

Do you own an eatery or a hotel? Caitlin's going to burn a lot of calories and spend a lot of time away from home. A restaurant gift certificate and a room to rest while she's in your area would be a huge comfort to her.

Spread the word! A simple share on Facebook or a Tweet to bring awareness costs nothing. But it can often lead to donations, press coverage, etc.

To learn more about Caitlin's trip, visit RunAcrossMaryland.com or visit her Fan Page.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's impressive. Good luck, Caitlin!