Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, February 04, 2015

This Year, Vaccine May Not Save You From The Flu

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — There’s still months left in flu season and here in Maryland, we’re already seeing thousands more cases than we saw all of last season. One of the reasons? The CDC admits the flu vaccine was not very effective. Tuesday, health officials were grilled on Capitol Hill.

Meghan McCorkell has more on what went wrong.

Most years, the flu vaccine is about 50-60% effective. The CDC says this year, the vaccine is at just 23%.

At the beginning of flu season, lines to get the vaccine stretched out clinic doors.

“I don’t want to get the flu,” said Stephanie Williams.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got the flu shot (as I always do) and I got the flu...which is NOT something that I normally do.

Anonymous said...

I got a flu shot from the PRMC drive thru clinic like I do every year and this year I got the flu also. This years "prediction" was WAY off.

Anonymous said...

I did NOT get the flu shot this year like everyone told me to do and so far, I have not had the flu. I think the flu shot is one big government hype. I am now almost 60 years old, have never had a flu shot and have never had the flu. The key is stay healthy in a natural way, get lots of rest, wash your hands before eating, exercise and avoid being around sick people the best way possible.