Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Ben Carson: No One Has Right to Refuse Mandatory Vaccinations

Retired pediatric neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Carson, a possible Republican presidential candidate, is weighing in on the contentious issue of mandatory vaccinations – asserting people shouldn't be allowed to refuse shots on religious or philosophical grounds.

"Although I strongly believe in individual rights and the rights of parents to raise their children as they see fit, I also recognize that public health and public safety are extremely important in our society, Carson said in a statement released to The Hill and BuzzFeed News.

More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Ben! The stupidity of not vaccinating your own flesh and blood leaves me dumbfounded.

Anonymous said...

While I totally agree with Dr Carson and feel vaccinations are necessary the real problem isn't being addressed.
Those who have been immunized are getting measles in this latest outbreak. We've seen this with whooping cough and other diseases previously thought to be eradicated.
The real issue is mutated forms of these diseases are being introduced into this country from illegal immigrants.
To blame the anti vaccine advocates is ludicrous.
You don't get rid of a weed by pulling off the leaves. You get rid of the root and that solves the problem.

Anonymous said...

Well his chances for president are now over. Next.

Anonymous said...

Lost me Ben! I've had enough big brother telling me what I can and can't do to myself. And my religion trumps any government entity! Which I'll fight to the death for! Havesalomandbacon.

Anonymous said...

1:35 raises the same question in my mind. If you are immunized, what do you have to fear from the non-immunized?

The older vaccines were pretty darn safe, too. I didn't know anyone who had a problem with them. I've heard some people blame their kids autism on routine vaccinations now. How do they know that?

Now, here's one thing I DO know - I take my chances with the flu. I know way too many people who had bad side effects from those. One had droop in their face. Others got the flu anyway. I could name others. I had one years ago and got sick as a dog.