Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Can't Say the 'L' Word!

Millennial Madness: What Happens If Young Voters Bolt Both Parties? New study shows choosiest voters itching to disrupt two-party system ... When I was the age my kids are now, television networks offered three, barely distinguishable choices. Including Internet video, my kids' options are almost infinite. I walked to a library. My kids download books. I owned a few dozen cassette tapes. Their iPods stream thousands of songs. A quarter-century ago, editors decided what news I read. My kids are their own editors and publishers. My kids are Millennials, raised in an era of rapid change and boundless amounts of information, choice and customization. – National Journal 

Dominant Social Theme: Nothing to see here. Millennials, too, are political creatures. They'll settle down and vote Republican or Democrat soon enough. 

Free-market Analysis: Right on schedule and just as we predicted, it is suddenly occurring to mainstream pundits that the right/left paradigm of the US's political structure is collapsing. What's going to take its place? Why, a kind of libertarianism, of course.

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy OMG, without hitting the "more" button, it's clear I don't want to follow this ignorance. While I agree that the majority of voters in the next election are completely on board with voting libertarian and Independent, I really remember the past election warnings of "if you vote anything but R/D, you are voting for the Dems".

It's a shame, but it has happened every election that I know of, but I've only been voting for 42 years.

Really, folks, it's time to vote differently this year. I know, it's electronic this year, but 2016 is supposed to be paper. Why so far away, no one knows, as no steps are being taken to prepare for it, which bears attention.

This is your life and your children's lives you are voting on. Please vet the actors and choose wisely.