Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Capital One Says It Can Show Up At Cardholders' Homes, Workplaces

The credit card company's recent contract update includes terms that sound menacing and creepy.

Ding-dong, Cap One calling.

Credit card issuer Capital One isn't shy about getting into customers' faces. The company recently sent a contract update to cardholders that makes clear it can drop by any time it pleases.

The update specifies that "we may contact you in any manner we choose" and that such contacts can include calls, emails, texts, faxes or a "personal visit."

More

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to have one of their cards. They were so manipulative with billing date changes that they lost my business.

Anonymous said...

Ding dong ....bang bang.

ginn said...

I'm wondering if the judge would side with their contract language or my 'no trespassing' sign.

Anonymous said...

You call on me, you're not going to like my friend, his name is S&W.

Anonymous said...

Pay your bills!

Anonymous said...

let them and they will get a gun in their face for trespassing...

Queensgirl52 said...

I wonder what became of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act?

Bush'man said...

7:12
You obviously miss the point.
Look a little deeper into the consequences of bending the intentions of "illegal search and seizure. Read the attached LA Times article and you will learn how the rule and application of the law can be subverted by crafty self indulging attorney's.

Anonymous said...

I hope they send Alec Baldwin-- I'd love to sucker punch that tool

Anonymous said...

Yo Cap One, meet my "Leetle Friend".

Anonymous said...

9:30 This... Biden said to fire a shotgun blast through the door. That's my defense.