Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Christian References Offend Critics At Carroll County Commissioners Meetings

You might expect to hear prayers in a church or at a memorial service, and in Carroll County, you'll hear them before every meeting of the Board of County Commissioners.

"I might say, 'Lord, I ask you that you might give us guidance and wisdom that we may make good decisions for the people of our county. I offer this prayer in the name of my personal savior, Amen,’" said Commissioner Richard Rothschild. “Now my personal view of that ... is that is not proselytizing."

But a pair of Carroll County citizens disagrees, and they filed a federal lawsuit to stop the practice.

One of them, Neil Ridgely, worked for the county for 15 years.
More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Extract these two "citizens"

Anonymous said...

I would like to have the pleasure of "Offending" them out in the woods.

Anonymous said...

Their attitude is "Offensive" to me. What is so irritating about liberals is they claim to be so open-minded to differing views but always have intolerance for anything having to do with real Christianity. That is because they don't want to be accountable for their evil deeds.