Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, October 09, 2013

It May Be Gloomy And Raining But This American Is Loving Ocean City

You know that feeling you get when your in the D.C. area heading east on Rt. 50, you get to the Bay Bridge and realize the toll is now $6.00 and your blood pressure goes up. Then you get over the Bridge and there's this incredible feeling of peace. That's what it feels like for me here in Ocean City. Especially this time of year when most everyone is gone.

In the near future I'm going to start publishing the specials at local OC restaurants. I went to one last Sunday where they had half price dinners and it was absolutely fantastic. You deserve that feeling as well and it's only a hop, skip and a jump from Salisbury. 

10 comments:

JoeAlbero said...

Look, I know many of you are frustrated but please realize we cannot publish your comments with all those curse words in them. Look, I can relate but there are many out there in which the curse words offend and we must reject them.

Anonymous said...

Oc is at it's best, most enjoyable during the off season, especially for those of us who reside in & around. Looking forward to posts.

Anonymous said...

Joe, you should be in Salisbury as its Mayor right now, fixing everything. Your the only one that could help Salisbury.

Bullard Construction said...

Joe, I'm with you on that "feeling" I get once I curve right after the 50/301 split! Everything's OK after that!

JoeAlbero said...

anonymous 4:12, I am in Salisbury on a regular basis. However, I gave everyone the chance to make that change and it failed. I deserve every right to break away and enjoy life and I absolutely love being on the water. Taking the labs out into the Bay and throwing the ball is relaxing. Going clamming on a daily basis, (to me) is very relaxing. Our home in Ocean City, (while on the water) is in the country, yet so close to everything it's simply amazing, relaxing and enjoyable. The taxes are almost 1/2 of Wicomico County taxes.

Now, if you can tell me where I can achieve any of that in Salisbury and I'm all ears. Oh, OC has Dumsers Ice Cream as well.

JoeAlbero said...

Gary, keep going east on Rt. 50 to Ocean City this time of year and throughout the winter and there's no better peace. Each County should post their tax rate as you pass through like grocery stores put up how much something cost per ounce. Man, maybe not. Then no one would ever leave Delaware. LOL

Anonymous said...

Nature is the BEST!! Enjoy your
new found peace of mind.

Thanks for not posting fulger language on your post also & also
the idea of posting the Specials at the O. City Restaurants is a
Great idea!

PA said...

Verrazano Bridge in NY $15

Anonymous said...

Yes sir aint nothing better

Anonymous said...

I love swimming in the ocean in October and November....it's the greatest! Nothing can beat life near the water for a good nights rest!