Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, September 06, 2013

MD Getting Flu Vaccine With ‘Extra’ Protection

Flu vaccination is no longer merely a choice between a jab in the arm or a squirt in the nose. This fall, some brands promise a little extra protection.

For the first time, certain vaccines will guard against four strains of flu rather than the usual three. Called quadrivalent vaccines, these brands may prove more popular for children than their parents. That's because kids tend to catch the newly added strain more often.

These four-in-one vaccines are so new that they'll make up only a fraction of the nation's supply of flu vaccine, so if you want a dose, better start looking early.

More 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the "Extra" I worry about. No thanks again this year!

Anonymous said...

Umm no thanks. The CDC website tells you that the vaccine is a guess.

Anonymous said...

Agreed, no thanks for my family.

Anonymous said...

Yes, make sure to get your liquid mercury infection!

Anonymous said...

Most useless vaccine ever concocted.

Anonymous said...

Over 50 and have had the flu vaccine twice in my life. Got the flu both times and have never gotten the flu when I didn't get the vaccine.

Anonymous said...

No way, Jose! I have a natural immune system given to me by my Lord and Savior! I eat organic foods, stuff from my garden, and some of the stuff from the grocery stores, Enough said. I don't get the flu and neither do my kids, although I'm sure the flu people will try harder in the future!

Screw your flue!