Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Zach Sobiech Leaves Behind Inspiring Legacy


He was given months to live last June, but that didn't stop Zach Sobiech from becoming a rock star – and an inspiration to millions.

Sobiech passed away Monday, 17 days after his 18th birthday. First diagnosed with osteosarcoma when he was 14, Sobiech's music became his way of expressing himself. His song "Clouds" not only went viral last December, but also resulted in a star-studded celebrity tribute video earlier this month.

"My closure is being able to get my feelings into these songs. So [friends and family] could have something to remember me by, or lean on when I was gone," he says in a 22-minute film about his story, My Last Days: Meet Zach Sobiech, featured on SoulPancake.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. What an amazing young man who cared more for the people in his life than his own. His parents are to be commended for raising such a great family. God Bless them.

Anonymous said...

I really hope everyone watches this to help understand what is really important. What an great kid,