Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, May 31, 2013

Veteran Upset Over Store Selling American Flag Doormats

LAKE ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)– One local veteran wants a local hardware chain to stop selling doormats with the American flag on them. He believes the mats are disrespectful to the flag that he and many others have fought to defend.

As of 5 p.m. Wednesday evening, the doormats have been removed from the sales floor at the Lake St. Louis location of Lowe’s.

As of around 7 p.m., they were still available at other locations, such as Wentzville and St. Peters.

For one local veteran, doormats with the image of Old Glory on them literally violate the old saying, “Don’t tread on me.”

John F. Kelly and his family are no strangers to the United States military.

“I’m a Vietnam vet. My father was a former aviator in World War II. So it runs deep. My son is in the Coast Guard presently,” said John.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you wipe your feet on a doormat with your mother's or grandmother's picture on it? Or your children's?

Anonymous said...

I really have to agree with this man. If I ever see one of these, I will see that it gets properly recycled.