Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Md. Delegate To Plead Guilty In Boat Crash

A Maryland lawmaker plans to plead guilty to operating a motorboat while drunk before an August accident that injured several people, in exchange for dropping charges accusing him of causing the collision, his attorney said Monday.

Del. Don Dwyer’s blood-alcohol content was .24 percent — three times the legal limit and higher than the .2 indicated in a preliminary report, attorney David Fischer said. Dwyer apologized for operating his boat after drinking, but he maintained he did not crash into the other vessel.

“I believe that the photographs that we have, the information that you all have from what was taken on the scene, clearly shows that my boat was the boat that was struck and sank,” the Republican from Anne Arundel said. “Again, I do regret that incident. I’m grateful to have the support that I have.”


Read more

1 comment:

lmclain said...

The MOST half-assed apology I've ever heard. But --- he's a politician. So give him a break. And by "break", I mean take him out about 10 miles off the coast and push him overboard. If he makes it back, well, take him back out again. Rinse and repeat, sort of.