Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Detergent Pods Are Still Toxic Temptation For Children

Detergent pods have been big trouble for families across the country. The Consumer Product Safety Commission issued a warning about the dangers of children getting a hold of them and ingesting them.

The Lankford family found Tide Pods easy to use and convenient. Then, they had the scare of their life.
"We were just terrified. It was easily the worst night of my life," Stephanie Lankford said.

The Chesapeake City couple couldn't believe the pods that made their laundry easier poisoned their two-year-old son Colin.

"My son Brandon came upstairs, and he ripped open the shower curtain and said, 'Daddy, Colin ate poison,'" Shad Lankford said. "As soon as I ran around the corner, my son Colin was at the bottom of the stairs, and he was choking. He was not breathing. He was holding his throat. I was stuffing my finger in his mouth and I ran him up to the shower, his face was all red and was being burned and he gagged up in the shower. He spit up and I thought it's all good."


Read more

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hence the "Keep out of reach of children" warning. I figured that's common sense, but I guess not.

Anonymous said...

Not good for smoking either!