Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

WAL-MART TO HIRE 100,000 VETERANS, BUY $50 BILLION IN US-MADE PRODUCTS

Mega retailer Wal-Mart says it will hire 100,000 newly discharged veterans over the next five years and will buy an additional $50 billion worth of U.S.-made products over the next ten years.

The new effort, said Wal-Mart U.S. Chief Executive Bill Simon on Tuesday, is the company's way of lending a helping hand to the sputtering U.S. economy and boosting lackluster employment figures.

"We've developed a national paralysis that's driven by all of us waiting for someone else to do something," said Simon. "But if we're waiting on government, we're waiting on a process that can't act with the same speed as business."

More 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Attempting to make amends after their latest sell out to the obama admin over ammo sales.
One of Walmart's biggest supporters is Michelle Obama and her fake healthy eating campaign which is nothing more than her attempt to help Walmart who now gets 27 cents of every grocercy dollar spent, get that increased to 50 cents of every dollar.

Anonymous said...

Wow. 11:26. I am speechless.

Anonymous said...

Not so long ago, Walmart bigwigs met with Obama admin-last week or the week before. I guess this is what they dreamed up to take the heat off of their decision to halt the sale of ammo.

Anonymous said...

Wal*Mart still hasn't mentioned improving the medical benefits plans available to their employees.

Bkln said...

Lets see i train fight and protect my country and go get a PT job at walmart with minimum wage nice gesture walmart but get real.

Anonymous said...

They are hiring veterans so they don't have to contribute to their health benefits. There is always a hidden factor behind their fake good deeds. How much you want to bet these veterans will be the only employees who work full time.

Anonymous said...

Who says these veterans would want to work at Walmart?

Anonymous said...

As far as I am concerned, WalMart has put all the small businesses out of business and I shop there only on occasion because of it. I don't like buying their products because almost everything except groceries are made in China. I never buy fresh meats when I do go. They also do not run good sales on a regular basis like the other grocery stores, and I don't like standing in long lines at the register to check out.

Anonymous said...

It's been years since I've stepped foot inside a Walmart-atleast 5 or 6.
I remember when word got out that Berlin was going to be a Super Walmart and how jazzed up everyone was getting over this. It amazed me.
Then when it opened everyone was like "have you been to the Super Walmart" like it was something great to go there.
Now Ollie's that's another story. I never miss a chance to stop in there when in Salisbury. There book selection is the best and also I just got some Palermo x-tra virgin olive oil for alot less then I buy it elsewhere. Palermo is a small family run company out of CA and is usually only sold in small specialty shops.

Anonymous said...

I am not a cartoonist, if I was I would draw a Marine in full gear standing inside as a door greeter.