Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Major Banks Spend Millions To Help Maryland Homeowners Under Mortgage Settlement

COLLEGE PARK - After nearly four years of wrestling with Bank of America, Jose Garcia was overjoyed to get a mortgage modification that allowed him to keep his house.

The deal cut the outstanding debt on his home in Lanham from $474,300 to $190,800, cutting his monthly payment by $1,000.

"I can barely believe it," Garcia, 39, said in Spanish. "I tell people and they are left with their mouths hanging."

More 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I feel stupid and a little pissed. I did the right thing and refinanced my home, which is underwater, using HARP, and my payment went down a little over $150/ mo. I couldn't qualify for a modification because I was on time with my payments. Why do we continue to reward people that make such foolish decisions and get in over their heads?

Anonymous said...

If you noticed, he "said in Spanish..." Doesn't that explain it?. Spanish is now the new 'minority'.

Anonymous said...

I am a single, white, single mother of two. I work full time, do not, nor have I ever received assistance. I applied for this, and guess what? My payment went up by 100.00.