Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Last Night's City Council Work Session Part III

Salisbury's Fire Chief
There have been many comments coming in about what happened to acting Fire Chief Hoppes last night. The matter was a personnel issue, therefore the Council went into Closed Session to discuss the matter. 

As I recall, the Hoppes issue doesn't come into consideration again until January. I could be wrong but I believe that is when another possible extension would be considered. 

I'd love to know if the Mayor has advertised the Fire Chief's position again. My guess, he has not. I'll check into that.

4 comments:

Daddio said...

Do you have your mind made up as to his (Hoppes) standing would be if you're elected mayor?

You have hammered him a lot lately, but how many of his actions were ordered by Ireton?

Anonymous said...

He has his degree now, so he is qualified. I heard the closed session was to discuss appointing him the new permanent chief.

Anonymous said...

I only heard a rumor that he got his degree.

Anonymous said...

STIIL NOT WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR,,,,,,