Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, September 06, 2012

John Robinson's Building Condemned





If I were to take an educated guess I'd say that lightening struck the roof of this building last night.

It was pretty severe lightening as I sat in my living room and watched the storm roll in. As we all know, if you see light and the crackling noise of thunder at the same time, it's pretty darned close.

The debris is scattered on the ground through the west end of the Plaza.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn shame that one guy a few years ago turned them into an apartments... must have sat vacant for years after...

Anonymous said...

That is truly unfortunate. It was a vicious storm, that's for sure!

Anonymous said...

I lived there for awhile. It was a really nice place. I just wished the plaza was more active.

Anonymous said...

To change the subject - Do you know why Dept of Assessments and Taxation (SDAT) Property Records for Caroline, Dorchester, Wicomico, Worcester and Somerset have not been updated since 6/29/12? All other counties in the state appear current.

Anonymous said...

Joe, although I didn't make the "Karma" comment, I would like to connect a few dots. First, Robinson's indoor skatepark still sits empty, months after it was supposed to be up and running. An EMPTY promise to the skate boarders of Salisbury. Second, your pictures of wet Robinson published newspapers are a great metaphor for a Robinson wet dream. Finally, although I am grateful that no one was hurt in the roof collapse, I can't help but think this a an omen for the impending collapse of the short-lived Robinson "empire".

Anonymous said...

Karma is a B!tch !!

Anonymous said...

Karma is a B!tch !!

September 7, 2012 7:26 AM

So are YOU!