Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, August 18, 2012

First Responder Moved By Sept. 11 Tribute Ride

America's 911 Ride wraps up Sunday in New York, and one rider's favorite experience on the trip included the flag waving crowds in the D.C. area.

Anthony Austin worked 22 years as a New York City fireman. He responded to the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001. He was also one of the first responders on scene for the World Trade Center bombing in 1993.

"It brings me back to that day 11 years ago when the towers came down, so it's hard for me to even talk about it because I see all the pictures and all the friends that I lost and I get choked up about it," he says before starting out from the Pentagon Saturday morning.

No comments: