Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, April 05, 2012

Republicans Go Big And Thirsty, Democrats Go Small And Green

The differences between Republicans and Democrats extend beyond mere political ideology. When it comes to buying cars, party loyalists on both sides have distinctly different tastes, but their respective vehicle choices don’t always play to stereotypes.

As the latest survey from Strategic Vision reveals, not every Republican drives a Lincoln, Cadillac or Mercedes-Benz sedan; in fact, no sedans from these automakers cracked the top five in Republican purchases.

Likewise, not every Democrat drives a Toyota Prius or a Chevy Volt. As you’d likely guess, neither of these made the top-five list for cars purchased by Democrats, either.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After I got my Prius, I was concerned about people thinking I had green slime all over my brains so I got a tag proclaiming me as a Conservative. I didn't want people getting the wrong impression. I'm just cheap and don't want to pay a lot for gas.

Anonymous said...

"I didn't want people getting the wrong impression. I'm just cheap and don't want to pay a lot for gas."

True, but you made the decision on your own. What's concerning is that soon the government may be making the decision for us.

Anonymous said...

"What's concerning is that soon the government may be making the decision for us."

This is certainly a concern once you begin to allow them do it. There are certainly those that want to guzzle diesel no matter how much it cost. It's their right to do this. It's the responsibility of free people though to cut off the means of political initiatives to force higher prices and behaviors that further their ideological goals.

Shamefully, Maryland's politics have allowed that State to move where we hope our Country never gets to. At least you can move away from MD. You don't have that option once the Country reaches that low.