Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, April 02, 2012

Justin Kuhel, Former Marine, Walks From Ohio to Arlington for Wounded Warriors Project


Along the Washington and Old Dominion Trail, he walks in a rhythmic, deliberate step. The kind of cadence learned in the military.

A young, bearded man, wearing fatigue pants, carrying a large American flag, on a mission.

"This is the very least I can do", says former Marine Justin Kuhel. "I owe them."

Kuhel, 23, served two combat tours in Afghanistan and Iraq.

He was never wounded.

His walk is a way of paying tribute to friends who were killed or wounded in battle.

"It could've been me just as easily that was injured", Kuhel says. "And I'd want somebody doing that for me".

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Justin....thank you for your service and I for one am very proud of what you've done.