Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, March 01, 2012

Jan Brewer Smacks Down Piers Morgan: 'You Don't Know What I Was Saying' to Obama on the Tarmac

After Tuesday's Arizona GOP primary, CNN's Piers Morgan accused Gov. Jan Brewer (R-Ariz.) of "jabbing him [Obama] in the chest and threatening all sorts of things," in reference to Brewer's tarmac meeting with President Obama where she was photographed pointing her finger at him. Brewer immediately called Morgan out for embellishing the story, during the interview early Wednesday morning.

"Now Piers, you don't know what I was saying," she corrected her host. "I was not threatening him." It certainly was not the first time Morgan had characterized the President as a victim of Republican behavior.

Brewer then tried to set the story straight about her meeting with the President. "I was talking to him, and he was a little bit taken – he took offense to the book that I wrote, which is a truth-telling book, by the way," she told Morgan. "I think he was a little thin-skinned."

More

No comments: