Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Coroner: Cocaine Contributed To Houston's Drowning

Whitney Houston died from an accidental drowning in a hotel bathtub, but the "effects of atherosclerotic heart disease and cocaine use" were contributing factors in her death, the Los Angeles County Coroner said in an initial autopsy report released Thursday.

Houston, 48, was "found submerged in bathtub filled with water" and "no trauma or foul play is suspected," the coroner said.

The toxicology tests found other drugs in her body, including marijuana, the anti-anxiety drug Xanax, the muscle relaxant Flexeril and the allergy medicine Benadryl, the report said. But these drugs "did not contribute to the death," it said.

The one-page report released Thursday did not disclose the levels of each drug, but that information will be included in the final coroner report to be made public within two weeks, the coroner said.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

REALLY? No wait int was the white society that did it, she never had a chance in the white world. Do you fools all know Crack was created, sold and marketed African American.

Years from now it will be Whitney who?

Anonymous said...

7:30, REALLY? I'm going to dump all those chemicals in my body, 3 of which are definite go to sleep ones, then dive in a pool of water and expect not to fall out and drown. THEN, I will wxpect my fellow blacks to defend my own suiidal actions saying it's the WHITE MAN'S FAULT??????
Right!

Anonymous said...

You both are are racist jerks. The eastern shore is full of people just like you. It's sad that people like you use race and color to sit on your high horses in judgement of others. Who are you to judge anyone.

Anonymous said...

Wow... Drugs. What a shock. I'm wondering if those news outlets that damn near made a saint out of that crackhead (EVERY day for three weeks after her death)feel badly now for setting her up as a role model to many young girls. She's in the Marion Barry Hall of Fame.

Anonymous said...

From 803 to 936,

If you read my little tyraid aimed at the grammatically challenged first commenter, I was dissing his or her accusation that somehow Whitney's death was the white man's fault; quite the opposite of racism. I went on to explain that placing 3 drugs in one's body that cause sleepiness in HUMANS (am I getting too racist here?) and laying in a tub of WATER (the kind that is colorless) would increase the possibility of one falling asleep and drowning.

If this statement still causes you to call me a racist, maybe you should buy a dictionary and a mirror.

Anonymous said...

9:36 PM

Agreed. Everyone knows she had drug problems, but loved her anyway.

I choose to believe she did more good than bad.

Why all the meanness?

Anonymous said...

Re: 7:02--humans "lie" in a tub of water rather than "lay" as you incorrectly used in your statement. Remember that Einstein could neither spell correctly nor tie his shoes. Please stick to the topic and refrain from correcting others' mistakes as it seems you are not perfect either!

Murry said...

6:02 am,
Thanks for the information. It really wanted to know what happen to Whitney, And,I figured as much.
I also want to thank you for this blog because it does show how much people in this area really do HATE each other simply and according to race and gender. It's a sad but real fact. I've learned how to ignore the ignorance of many. As hard at time it may be. However, no matter what Whitney may or may not have done in her persnal life, the gift she had with her voice is what really matter to me. She had a beautiful voice and I still have bouts of tears when I lisen to her music. The rest of the previous angered anonymous said... has no bearing on the fact. I will truly miss Whitney. And, all you haters...forget you all. Right now your statements are a non mother freaking factor. And, that's down right ok with me.