Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Christian Contestant Ignores American Idol Producers, Says on Live TV 'God, Use Me'

As NewsBusters reported last Friday, the producers of the hit show American Idol warned contestant Colton Dixon to tone down his overtly Christian references if he wanted to win the competition.

Dixon clearly didn't heed their advice, for after his incredible performance of Billy Joel's "Piano Man" Wednesday, he told host Ryan Seacrest, "I’ve been praying before this whole thing because tonight was a big moment for me, and I was just collecting myself and saying, 'God, use me.' I want Him to shine through first and foremost."

More

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

More power to him!! This world nees more like him!!

Anonymous said...

That is what your knees are for,Praying.

dinosaur said...

I hope he wins!

Anonymous said...

let your light shine before men that I (Jesus) may be glorified.

do ALL you do for the Glory of God.

don't hide your light under a basket.

if you're not ashamed of me here on earth i will not be ashamed of you in heaven.

pray without ceasing (an attitude of prayer)all day long. don't have to be on your knees to do this. duh

this young man is a christian and if he felt he wanted to do this then so be it. how many times have we had to listen to foul talk from the heathen? just sayin'

Anonymous said...

It will be great to see this God fearing young man win!

Anonymous said...

So, when exactly did everyone start thinking this was a controversy? I have not heard of anyone caring one bit about it.

Don't you guys have something important to worry about? Like how 9/11 was an inside job, or how Obama is a Kenyan, or how Liberals invented Alzhemier's soley to kill Reagan?

Anonymous said...

Yeah Colton moves on to next week. Good for him!