Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

WHY CARRY A GUN?

Why Grandpa carries a gun?

PEOPLE ASK WHY?

My old grandpa said to me 'Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and
Usually it's when he becomes too old to take an ass whoopin.'

I don't carry a gun to kill people.
I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.
I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am overwhelmed.

I don't carry a gun because I love it.
I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

But sadly here in Maryland we will never be givin the option of choosing to be an armed survivor.

Anonymous said...

we advocated our right to bear to Annoplis, it can not be taking from us, we got scared and weak, Give up liberty for security and receive nither!!!

Anonymous said...

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Anonymous said...

Sure you can anon 10:45 AM

All you have to do is become a cop or be an ex-cop and wham-o your in there like swim wear...

Now what bothers me tho is how cops and ex cops can conceal carry but military men and others can not...

Anonymous said...

Anyone can carry, it's just a matter of being legal or illegal.

Or, being alive or dead.

Would you rather be alive and in court or dead but legal?

Anonymous said...

Not as effective, but in every county but Baltimore, you can carry a stungun. I keep one in my truck.

Anonymous said...

Carry your stun gun buddy.swing it wildly in the air while the guy with a real gun shoots you from twenty feet away.I can't believe someone put that up there.truth is like others have said.die legal or jailed alive.self preservation. How far will you go to survive?

jal said...

I will carry as long as I deem it nessary

lmclain said...

I carry because if anyone gets hurt, I ain't gonna be the last one....and I've carried one for over 30 years. Never even thought about asking some pompous desk jockey cop if it was okay with him....and never will, either.