Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, December 12, 2011

Ron Paul: Gingrich Taking Freddie Mac Money 'Immoral'

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) on Sunday called Newt Gingrich's acceptance of more than $1 million from a government-controlled mortgage lender "immoral."

Paul, who has called on Gingrich to apologize for the $1.6 million he received in his role with Freddie Mac, said while the former House speaker isn't under any legal obligation to return the funds he should consider the move.

"I wouldn't have taken their money just for the fact that I think it's an immoral thing," Paul said Sunday morning on NBC's "Meet the Press."

More

2 comments:

lmclain said...

Ron Paul is the ONLY --- the ONLY --- candidate with character, morals, and, get this --- INTEGRITY. The rest are the typical "say whatever you want to hear" political hacks. Agree with him or not, you cannot argue against his positions for long; his logic and reasoning overwhelm your particular fantasies about the world and how it works. He is the county's only hope against becoming a totalitarian police state waging war after war against thirld world nobodies so that the war machine and its operators stay wealthy.

Anonymous said...

First of all, I will start by saying that I am a registered Democrat. That being said, I agree with you. Ron Paul is the only candidate, Democrat or Republican that I feel can truly be trusted. He always has the attitude that he says exactly what he thinks without any apologies and what he says makes sense. I would vote for him if he was the nominee. I voted for Obama because I was caught up in what he saying and it sounded good and some of his ideas were good. But, this time I am listening and the stuff he says sounds like B.S. just like Newt and Mitt...all of them lie. What are we supposed to do? Vote for Paul and i think we could fix some stuff...